An application which allows you to manage, edit and take notes.
Cherrytree is a powerful feature rich Wiki-like hierarchical note taking application that lets you organize all your notes, bookmarks, source codes and other personal information in a database.
The software also lets users define hyperlinks (these can be linked to Web pages, to nodes or to files), print and export nodes to PDF format, organize the structure of nodes, search them using regular expressions, replace text strings in notes or in the names of nodes, import data from Notecase, Tuxcards, Basket and Keepnote notebooks.
Cherrytree has a very nice, fast, customizable, intuitive interface, it includes an Undo function (lets you reverse the typed text to an older state), supports table editing and importing / exporting (as CSV file), line wrapping, auto-saving and is available in multiple languages.
- GTK library ,
- GtkSourceView library .
Features of CherryTree for Windows
- Auto-save: Automatically save your work.
- Bookmarks: Easily reference important notes.
- Cross-platform: Access your data across multiple platforms.
- Document export: Export documents to HTML, PDF and other formats.
- Encryption: Keep your data secure with optional encryption.
- Hierarchy: Create hierarchical notes.
- Images: Insert images into your notes.
- Links: Create hyperlinks between notes.
- Plugins: Extend CherryTree with plugins.
- Rich formatting: Options to format text, including bold, italic and underline.
- Search: Quickly find important information.
- Syntax highlighting: Visualize code snippets and markdown text.
- Tables: Create and edit complex tables.
- Tags: Organize your notes with tags.
- Templates: Create templates for common note types.
Compatibility and License
CherryTree for Windows is a free application released under the GPLv3 license on Windows from organizer and PIM software. With software released under the open source GPLv3 license, anybody can download, install, run and distribute the software with little in terms of restrictions. The latest version we have is 0.99.55.0 and is available to download here.
What version of Windows can CherryTree for Windows run on?
CherryTree for Windows can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the OS shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8 and Windows 7 having been tested. It's only available as a 64-bit download.
- CherryTree for Windows Download
- Free Organizer and PIM Software
- Open source and GPL software
- Note Editing Software